Got questions? We’ve got answers!
Frequently Asked Questions
Federal Records Management & Shredding is NAID AAA-Certified for facility-based shredding. Our entire process – from pick-up to destruction – is under GPS tracking and/or 24-7 video surveillance at all times. Plus, we’re subject to unannounced audits by a third-party organization as part of the certification process.
Our goal? To make shredding and destruction of confidential materials easy for you, thanks to our streamlined, customer-focused process. When you begin partnering with us, we’ll provide free bins and consoles for your office. We also offer drop-off shredding, one-time shred events, clean-outs, and purges.
Once you hand over your documents, we will treat them with the utmost care, providing you with a Certificate of Destruction as proof that your information will be securely destroyed.
We tailor our service frequency to your needs. Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly service schedules are available, and we can increase or decrease the frequency of your pickups if needed.
Our machines shred paper into particles that are no more than ⅝ inch wide, which is a requirement to maintain our NAID AAA certification. Additionally, anytime you do business with us, you will receive a Certificate of Destruction.
Our machines can easily shred paper, manilla folders, hanging file folders, staples, paperclips, small binder clips, rubber bands, envelopes, magazines, glossy fliers, brochures, newspaper, phone books, and spiral notebooks.
We are not able to accept wet paper, X-rays, plastics, glass, electronics, batteries, metal, trash, cloth/fabric, medicine, pills, liquids, 3-ring binders, accounting ledgers, hard-back books, and cardboard.
Yes! Every month we send at least 2 semi-truckloads of baled shred material to a mill in Wisconsin. The mill then pulverizes and upcycles the shredded paper. Fun fact: Each truckload contains roughly 44,000 pounds of shredded paper, which is comparable to 5 African forest elephants. (Now you know!)
Looking for a place to safely store your company’s archived or inactive documents? Our secure storage solution is just what you need!
Your records will be stored in our secure warehouse. Every box in our facility is cataloged using a barcode system that is managed in our secure database right here in Fort Wayne.
All boxes are barcoded and monitored/tracked using our secure records management software.
If you need to retrieve a box or file, you may contact us via phone, email, fax, or carrier pigeon to schedule a delivery or pickup. We are conveniently located just east of downtown Fort Wayne, and we allow materials to be picked up by authorized users.
We charge on a per-box basis. Reach out anytime for a custom quote.
We maintain strict, around-the-clock security measures, including:
- Mandatory visitor sign-in procedures
- All visitors are escorted throughout the building at all times
- State-of-the-art, 24/7 digital video surveillance at all access points inside and outside the building (data is maintained for 90 days)
- Property is fenced and gated, and facility has no windows
- 24-hour burglar and fire monitoring, with door sensors and motion detectors monitored by an outside firm
We perform the following employee safety checks:
- Drug screening upon hire and randomly every year after
- Criminal background checks (federal, state, and county) upon hire and repeated annually
- Social security tracing
- Verification of employment history
- Motor vehicle driving history
Additionally, all employees are required to sign legally-binding confidentiality agreements.
Chain of custody is our guarantee that your documents will be kept 100% safe and secure from the minute we take possession until the minute they are destroyed. Additionally …
- All of our employees are trained in methods to keep confidential material locked and secure at all times
- Containers are never left unlocked or unattended while inside or outside a service location to prevent loss from inclement weather and prying eyes.
- All employees wear shirts/uniforms with our logo and photo ID badges, and you can verify their photos on our website