What is Records Management
Records management. We talk a lot about it around here. In fact, it’s not only in our name, it’s in our blood. However, few may know what it is or why it’s important to their company.
Records are the documents that provide all the important evidence of your company’s business. Medical records, business documents, legal filings, or other sensitive information are all obvious records that should be kept. Other pieces of information related to your business may need to be kept as well. All the information created, sent and received in the course of doing business is potentially a record. They keep track of what happened, who made the decision, and what was expected to happen next.
Records management is the handling and storage of those important documents.
Why is Records Management Important?
Managing information — keeping it, tracking it, and being able to retrieve it — protects your business and makes everyone’s job easier. If your records are well-managed you can:
- easily locate documents or information when needed
- reuse previous documents, information, or completed work to avoid “re-creating the wheel”
- determine the most recent, or official, version of a document
- prove why a decision was made or a process implemented
- keep important documents and sensitive information secure
- protect yourself, your clients, and your business
Records Management in Fort Wayne
However, most businesses do not have the time, space, or resources to effectively manage their records. That’s where we come in.
Locally-owned and operated Federal Records Management and Shredding in Fort Wayne can save your company time, reduce liability, and save money by managing this process for you. We offer climate-controlled storage location, online record management system, and highly trained information security professionals to meet your information management needs. Some specific services we offer, include:
- a secure storage facility with 24/7 surveillance inside and out.
- secure pickup and delivery of your documents when you need them (being locally operated, we offer extremely quick access to your documents)
- indexing and barcoding allow for tracking records every step of the way and facilitates quick retrieval by providing information on the contents of every box
- secure document destruction — when records have reached the end of their life-cycle, they can be shredded at our AAA-certified facility
The professional team at Federal Records Management & Shredding works hard to manage and protect your important information by offering state-of-the-art, records management services.
Need help managing your documents? Contact Federal Records Management & Shredding today at (260) 267-9652 to learn more.