Almost all businesses or organizations have records, documents, and other types of information that need to be retained. The right information, at the right time, is essential for staff, clients, and management. Managing information so that it is accessible, usable, accurate, and complete — all in a timely and cost-effective manner — is no small feat. However most businesses do not have an organization-wide system is in place and managing records and information becomes the responsibility of “everyone” … which — as anyone working in today’s hectic, multitasking workplace knows — likely means “no one”.
Why Your Business Needs Information Managment
All too often, the importance of records management becomes clear only AFTER one of the following problems has occurred:
- managers are spending too much time waiting for records or crucial pieces of information
- staff is spending too much time searching for information files or information needed by customers or clients
- filing systems are strained and costly office space is being taken up to house no-longer-needed files
- important, private, or confidential information is accessible to unscrupulous people and exposed to theft or fraudulent use
- important records are improperly stored — exposing them to humidity, mold, dirt, rodents or insects — and permanently damaged
- there is a crisis — either physical (e.g. broken water pipes, fire, smoke damage) or professional (e.g. an audit, a lawsuit) — ruining crucial records and exposing to the public the organization’s poor level of records management
Avoiding these problems just makes sense. It also makes sense to allow your staff and business to run as effectively, productively, and efficiently as possible. Leave the records management to the professionals! Federal Records Management & Shredding in Fort Wayne offers all the services, security, and cutting-edge technology to manage and protect your information for you — saving you time and money, and giving you peace of mind.